Here's a shocker: life can get confusing. Especially when you choose to follow someone else's plan for you instead of going after what your human nature wants. It's worth it-- to follow God and follow where He leads, but it can be hard sometimes. God doesn't speak through burning bushing that often nowadays... He has the power to, though.

This is where I find hope in the midst of hardships-- knowing that even though I might not be able to see where things are going, that there IS  a plan for my life, one that is for the better. I'm pretty much awful at making decisions when I try to on my own... so it helps to have a God that is watching out for me, one that genuinely knows best.

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I get impatient sometimes. Well, most of the time. A lot of the time, actually. I just think that my happiness is more important than this so-called "plan" that God has for me. I think that this plan is going to take awhile, so I might as well wait for the good stuff by creating my own happiness, fueled by temporary pleasures. Not exactly the best game-plan, I know. It's time for a change.

I know that God has a plan for me, He said so through His Word! Plus, since I've accepted Jesus into my heart, I have significantly changed-- from the way I think to the ways I act-- and who knows what would have happened if I ignored Him! Things might seem better, choosing not to follow God, but I trust what He says is true. If He is who He says He is, then this plan must be pretty important. Really important.

And I'm not going to let my petty wants and desires get in the way of what He wants.

He does want the best for me. So its not like following Him will bring me harm. It may get difficult, but this IS earth, after all. I have another destination, one that is free from all the troubles of this place. And, with trust in Him, I'll make it through earth, though sins, through pain, anguish, war, deceit, lies, corruption--

I'll be with Him one day. And until then, He is with me in all that I do when I trust in Him.

According to the gospel of Matthew, Jesus said in His last famous words:

...I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
-Matthew 28:20 NIV

Have faith, and trust that no matter what is happening, if  you put your faith in Him and He is at work in you, there are no bad decisions. If God is working through You, He will make your path straight...

Trust in the LORD with all your heart


and lean not on your own understanding;

all your ways submit to him,


and he will make your paths straight.
 
-Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
 
It's never too late to follow Him. Go in peace.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer