HOW COULD I NOT GIVE IT AWAY SO FREELY?

God's grace is a complete and utter mystery to me. I don't understand much of it at all. I dont' understand why He would ever love sinner like us. I don't understand why we literally don't have to do ANYTHING to deserve His grace but believe in His Son.

It is unheard of. It's insane. It's unbelievably simple, yet I get so mislead to the point where I actually think that I need to deserve His grace, that I can somehow be "good enough," to earn it. How stupid of me.

God's grace has a few facts that we can understand, and I'm going to lay them out, here on this web page. The facts of grace.

Fact Number One:
Grace is undeserving.

That means that we can never be good enough, never do any amount of good deeds in order to earn His grace, not ever. We simply have to believe in Him. We don't have to go to church. We don't have to take communion. We don't have to give money to the church. We don't have to read the Bible, or get baptized, or get married, or have kids, or go save people in needy nations. We just have to have faith. That's it. Period.

Don't believe me? Fine... check out what the Bible has to say:

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
-Ephesians 2:8-10 NIV

We aren't saved by our works! Wanna know why? Because humans aren't very nice beings. We aren't innocent, and we aren't blameless. And yet, God still loves us. He still cares about us.

So stop telling yourself that you aren't good enough! God isn't stupid! He wouldn't give His grace away to us if there was no purpose for it. He wouldn't let His Son be crucified unless He wanted His grace available to everyone, even dirty sinners like us.

I know it is so hard to comprehend. It's really hard, to be honest, to accept that we aren't perfect. But we have to understand that God thinks we're beautiful! God created us and loves us no matter what. A HUGE sacrifice was made for your freedom, so please take it! Breathe it in-- you're free. You don't have to be weighed down by sin, because no matter what you do, you'll never earn nor lose God's grace.

Here's a prayer you can pray, if you wanna:

Dear God,

We pretty much stink. I don't know how You can love us, or save us through simply believing in Your Son, but I'm awfully happy that You do. Help us give away Your grace as freely as You do.

Thank You for looking past our flaws and letting us live lives free from the chains of sin. We love You, forever.

Amen.

Go love people today, and spread grace like a wildfire. People don't deserve it, but neither do we, and the fact that we receive grace anyway is such a blessing.

PS: The song lyric used in the title of this post is from a song called "Follow You"... not sure if it's officially by Leeland or Brandon Heath but it's definitely worth checking out :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer