Jeremiah 25-27

Read these now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at www.bible.com.

JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED!

It's a cheesy line. But it's simple, and true, and completely supported by the devotion today. The reading we read was about a choice God was giving to His people-- they could listen to Him or they couldn't... and most of them chose not to.

But it makes me wonder... if we're given an ultimatum, and we chose the wrong thing, is it right if we're punished? For instance, I tell my sister that she can hit me, or not hit me. But if she DOES, I'll steal all her money.

She chooses herself to hit me, so I steal all her money. Does that seem unfair? She knew what would happen to her if she chose wrong. So really, I think that it's her fault. Does that make sense? This isn't a real situation, by the way :)

God told the people they could listen or not listen, and when they didn't... there would be consequences. God is a God of justice, and He gives us a choice. We can take it or leave it-- and both have their faults. If we follow God, we might be made fun of. We may be persecuted.

But we have eternal life.


If we don't follow God... then we have no one to watch over us. No one to show us how to live. No support, no prayers, no love.

And we go to hell.

Your choice, right? You have a choice, just like the people back then. It's a really big decision, but to me, it isn't hard. It's a huge question, but a simple choice. I hope you choose correctly, because like I said, God is a God of justice.

And one day, justice will be served.

Peace.

* Special thanks to Lisa for giving me the idea of justice :) *

Comments

Granny said…
With God in your life, it is a little easier to make all those choices in life! Rely on His help and you can't go wrong.
Anonymous said…
hi i am having trouble with like understanding like what like god is telling me beucause i have a feeling hes telling me somthing
Love, Zoe
Carly said…
I do think that God can speak through people. He might not come to you in person, but sometimes we have feelings as if God is trying to tell us something. If we live for God, and do what HE wants us to do, then we're obeying Him and listening to Him without even noticing! Thanks for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer