Daniel 9-12

Read these final chapters of Daniel now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.biblegateway.com/

!!!!!CHRISTIANITY MYTHS REVEALED!!!!


I think a lot of times, Christianity comes across as some strict religion for church-goers and saints. You have to give alllll your time and alllll your money away to the church, and you have to stay clear of alllll sins to get into heaven.

But I'm here to say THAT'S NOT ALWAYS THE CASE.

Don't get me wrong-- it's not easy to be a follower of Jesus. We have to make sacrifices of time and energy to set ourselves different from the rest of the world. It's hard sometimes to do what Jesus wants us to do instead of what we want to do.

But all of these things are easily payed for with the grace, peace, and love that only our God can give.

Anyway-- I know that there's this myth that Christians have really strict laws to abide by. That we have to live a perfect life, and blah blah blah. In today's reading, Daniel had to sacrifice and pray a certain way, a certain number of times a day, and it was just exhausting!

When Jesus came to the world, he realized that we are SINNERS. No one in this world is perfect, so it was ridiculous to live as if we could everrrr repay Jesus for all the bad we've done. Jesus died on a cross as our sacrifice, so that we could live as His people, without the pressures of our constant sins holding us back.

So, nowadays, you don't have to live a strict perfect life to be a Christian, because it's IMPOSSIBLE. We're all sinners. We all have faults. So all these rumors about Christians being perfect are LIESSSSS.

To be a Christian is to try and live a good life for Jesus. To try and follow him, no matter how hard it may get. And once you put your faith in Him, you get all sorts of love and comfort back. It's a greatttt thing.

And I'm tired of people staying clear of Christianity because they think it's some strict thing that keeps us from living happy lives. But if you love God, and want to grow in your relationship with Him, and you show His love to other people, we're all good.

I hope that makes sense to everyone. PLEASE post comments (under anonymous if you don't have an account) or post questions, or ANYTHING, because I wouldn't be trying to finish the Bible if there weren't this faith that was holding me together. I want you to be able to grow in that faith with me!

So I'm here for whatever help you need.

Christianity isn't a bunch of laws and sacrifices. You don't have to pray a certain amount or eat certain foods. It's all about the LOVE, and sharing it with everyone. I hope you enjoyed my little myth-buster sermon today. Ha!

Peace out.

http://www.metapedia.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sjo24-2

Comments

Granny said…
Good sermon. There are a lot of "man made rules" that make being a Christian look really hard. It is easy. Believe in Jesus and it is that simple!
Anonymous said…
I really like the idea of "mythbusters" as a way of exposing false ideas about Christianity. Where did you come up with that? Very creative. Yes, there are many myths about Christianity and we need to help set the record straight. Thanks, Carly - Pastor Larson
Carly said…
I agree with both of you-- that Christianity isn't as tough as it seems from the outside. We're saved by FAITH. And Peter-- I didn't really have an inspiration, except for the mythbusters show on discovery channel. I just felt like the message I was given really went well with the reading, so it was all a God thing, really!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer