"Sitting alone here in my bed. I'm waiting for an answer I don't know that I'll get... and I know there's a reason, I just keep hoping it won't be long til I see it. And maybe if we throw up our hands and believe it! I'm telling you these times are hard, but they will pass..."
Excerpt from the song "These Times" by SafetySuit, Copied from MetroLyrics.com


This is a wonderfully written song, first of all. Second, I believe that the lyrics hold very true in times where we're looking for "answers." Especially when we're searching for answers from God. It's difficult because I think we expect a grand, elaborate answer. Like a burning bush or something.

Don't get me wrong, God totally has the power to light a bush on fire. But in this day in age, it's very rare that we actually are aware and ready for God's answers. We're too busy finishing homework, or bussing tables, or flirting with cuties at school. We don't stop enough to see how desperately God wants to help us through this crazy life.

We think we can do it on our own. That "we know best."

That's obviously a big ol' lie.

Psalm 37:4 (NIV) says: Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

That sounds pretty good right now, doesn't it? "The desires of your heart"? I think it sounds perfect! God granting us whatever will make us think "All is right with the world!"

The only thing is... we think that we know what those desires are. I oftentimes indulge myself in my own desires, like I know what's best or something. I seek after things for myself instead of "delighting myself in the Lord."

I believe God's Word is true and good and holy. I believe that He will grant me the desires of my heart, even if I myself don't know what those desires are yet! It's crazy, to think that He is in control and has a wonderful plan for me. But I believe it. I trust that He knows best, and I myself do not!

God,

Please help me put my selfish desires aside and be continually on the lookout for when You're moving through my life, and possibly "granting me the desires of my heart." I trust that you know what I need, and what I really want. Help me stay on the path that You've walked before me, and help others cling to you in times of uncertainty instead of chasing after temporary hopes.

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer