Service

I'm about to head to Pittsburgh on a mission trip. I'm excited, like always, but I'm a little nervous, too. Doing God's work is NOT a vacation, it's time to devote your entire being to Jesus and let Him use you to accomplish His mission. I'm nervous because I know how easy it is to make these trips all about me-- a chance to show off, to flirt, to buy stuff... it may sound silly but trips away from your normal life can be distracting sometimes!

I need to remember that the Spirit of the living God lives inside me! He will act and I will move where He wants me to go. The act of surrendering your life to something greater can be scary sometimes! But I need to take peace, knowing that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13)

Philippians 2:13 NIV
for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.


God works in me.

Ephesians 2:10 NIV
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


I was created to do His good works.

I'm ready-- God, use me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer