Trying not to Lose the Fuego

FYI: This post will be partially in English and particlly in español. I can't help it. I just watched un magnifico documentario and now I can't stop thinking about how much I love español and how much I want to use it to ayudar y apoyar communities pobres.

(For the record, I know how to speak Spanish and I'm not just inserting random cognates into my English to sound smart.)

I'm sitting here in my comfy dorm room, with my comfy covers, and I watched a documentary called "Living on One Dollar" en mis pijamas. Con mi computadora. My Macbook, to be exact. And although I'm super thankful for these things, it makes me a little uneasy to watch footage of so many people without. Without food, medicine, a basic income... it really opened my eyes, which it always does.

Every time. You'd think that I'd be so used to the heart-wrenching stories about los pobres internacionales, but I am not. Every time it gets me because I've met some people in extreme poverty in my trips to Mexico, and I know these stories I hear aren't exaggerated. They're real. La verdad.

I want to devote mi vida to helping people, and I'm not exactly sure how yet. I may go into business. Fair-trade sounds really bueno. I want to continue studying Spanish, because I only want to get mejor. If I ever get worse at my Spanish, then I'm going to be really upset. Only arriba from here.

Anyway, I just needed to type this out. To remind myself about how important it is to serve others with your life and actions and trabajo. Es absolutamente necesario. Siempre.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer