Wouldn't it be nice?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get what we wanted as soon as we wanted it?

(Just kidding.)

Or am I?

I'm mostly kidding. But what the heck-- you're probably wondering what I want so badly, so here goes.

I want to be loved by a man so, SO much that he'd do anything for me. That he'd lay his life down for me (both literally and figuratively, in the form of a career, salary, reputation, and the like) and would be there for me no matter what. His devotion would be undying. He wouldn't care about the house or the image or the paycheck because he doesn't want those things more than he wants me.

Is that too idealistic? Let me clarify that I'm not asking for a perfect person. I know that doesn't exist. And I'm not perfect, either. I'm not expecting to be adored because I did/achieved enough to deserve adoration but because of the grace that comes from following Jesus. I don't want love because I think I'm "too good to settle" or "deserve something great" but because the Creator of the universe calls me His own. He says I'm beloved and valuable and I want someone else to see me that way, too.

I want someone to love me so much they're excited to see me when I walk into a room. I want them to want to hold my hand and walk me to my car and kiss me on the cheek. I want them to be proud to be with me and to want to brag about me in front of people because they know I'm a "word of affirmation" type girl and it means a lot when people notice me.

I want to be noticed. And thought about. And prayed for.

More than anything, I want someone who loves Jesus so much that he's driven to imitate Him in all aspects of his life. I want him to sacrifice for others for no other reason other than Christ's love compelling him to humble himself and put the needs of others above his own.

This world already makes us confident and driven and embeds a natural compulsion towards self-interest and success. That's why I don't care much about those traits.

I want someone who is different than all of those things. Someone who loves me like Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her.

I know men like this exist. And I trust that God has one of them out there who is also praying for a kind of woman that will respect and love him, too. I am hopeful and I'm choosing to trust even when I cannot see him right in front of me, cuddled up next to me as I write. (But man, wouldn't that be nice?)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer