Making myself write again.

Warning: this post is not going inspire you. I'll be lucky if it even makes sense. But there's something inside me telling me to write again... you can call it a calling, if you want. 

I feel that my Father wants to connect with me and this is oftentimes how I think is best for me to do that-- which, when you think about it, is INSANE. 

The God of the universe wants to connect to ME. He sees ME and sees how I best communicate Him, and since He wants intimacy with me, He's been slowly and quietly nudging me to get back into the blogging game. So, here I sit. 

I'm going to force myself to write something - even if it's a short prayer of apology for not making enough time to write something profound - every day this week. I even took off work this morning... not to write, specifically, but to have a little time of rest before a busy week. 

I woke up with a big headache after crying last night- something that doesn't happen too often, but when it does, I'm wrecked the day following. You're probably wondering why I was crying, but it doesn't really matter because today is a new day that the Lord has blessed me with. As corny as this sounds, the sun is shining through our windows and the birds are chirping outside and I don't want to dwell on the past. 

The verses on my mind this morning are that of new beginnings. It's a prayer of God's people in the book of Lamentations... which is a pretty depressing book of the Bible, as it's a collection of sad prayers, complaints, mourning, fears (and... well... laments, for lack of a better word). But sprinkled into chapter 3 is a beautiful, hopeful promise that I want to cling to, both today and every day:

(I've bolded my favorite parts)


Remember my affliction and my wanderings,

    the wormwood and the gall!

My soul continually remembers it

    and is bowed down within me.

But this I call to mind,

    and therefore I have hope:


The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;

    his mercies never come to an end;

they are new every morning;

    great is your faithfulness.

"The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,

    “therefore I will hope in him.”


The Lord is good to those who wait for him,

    to the soul who seeks him.

It is good that one should wait quietly

    for the salvation of the Lord.

It is good for a man that he bear

    the yoke in his youth.


Let him sit alone in silence

    when it is laid on him;

let him put his mouth in the dust—

    there may yet be hope;

let him give his cheek to the one who strikes,

    and let him be filled with insults.


For the Lord will not

    cast off forever,

but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion

    according to the abundance of his steadfast love;


-Lamentations 3:19-32 ESV


Let those words sink deep into your soul today. His mercies are new this morning... and He has compassion on you because of the abundance of His stedfast love. Amen!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer