A REVOLUTION.

So I'm reading a book on grace, and believe it or not I'm beginning to find that Christians have a really skewed view of one of the most important aspects of our faith-- grace. So I'm going to try and give people, and myself, a better understanding of the amazing gift God has given.

I was most confused when I read the Old Testament, because it was before Christ, and before grace had changed forever. I believe the author when he said that grace was existing since the beginning of time, that God cared about us SO much that He give us food, friends, and gave us authority over all He created. He specifically made sure everything He made was good-- not for His own gain but because He loved us that much.

Humans did nothing to please Him in the beginning, we were just-- there, temporarily following His commands. And then we even disobeyed God, and He still let us live and increase in number... think about it: God created the world so perfectly and cared about us so much that He let us live and multiply for hundreds and hundreds of years! He certainly has the power forget about us and move on, but He didn't, and doesn't. His grace existed the second He cared enough to give us all we needed.

Grace is much bigger than we will ever fully understand. It is literally impossible to grasp it completely, because there's nothing we can do that will exceed it-- grace will ALWAYS "beat" our sin, no matter what.

It's no mystery that grace has changed throughout history, though. I'm starting to warm up to the idea that God's grace itself didn't change-- it always forgave people, and still does... but the way in which we're forgiven has been altered over time. Jesus revolutionized the world in too many ways to count.

It makes sense-- in this day in age we don't have to make an alter and slaughter any animals to receive God's forgiveness. The marvel is that God even let people have grace at all! We absolutely do not deserve it, never did. There is no way to earn grace.

Even though the way in which people receive grace is different, grace still remains. It will always remain.

Now I want to give a message of assurance to all people out there who might still be cloudy with the concept of grace... one statement will always ring true:

YOU ARE FORGIVEN.

Don't fool yourself! Don't pretend like you've done something so awful that you don't deserve God's grace. You truly do not deserve it! You never will, ever. But there is grace and peace and love and FORGIVENESS in Jesus Christ. We're given the privilege of having a personal relationship with Him, a relationship that does not condemn or point out your flaws, but helps you overcome them, as a team.

His love is so great that it doesn't matter what you did.

Yes, even that thing that is bothering you.

I know it seems big, but God's love is bigger, I promise.

Have peace in that today, and take a deep breath. Praise God instead of harping on your sins.

Psalm 139:14 (NIV)
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.


God loves you and so do I... let me know if I can help in any way, in any struggle.

"You are more than what is hurting you tonight"- MercyMe

Peace out.

PS: The book I'm reading is called "The Grace of God" (I would underline the title, but I don't know how...) by Andy Stanley :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer