SUMMER TIME!!!!!!!

I want to figure out a way to make the most of my summer. I'm not sure what that looks like or how I will act in order to achieve this. In fact, I'm actually really confused. I think until now, my summer has just been laid out to me on a silver platter: you'll go to church camp this summer. Next summer you'll run VBS drama department. You'll go on vacation. I guess everything was just kind of... there.

But now that I'm driving, and now that I am mature-ish enough to make my own decisions as to what I'm going to do and where I'm going to spend my time... I don't know... I'm a little lost.

The first world view is "HAVE FUN, CARLY! That's what life is all about-- having crazy wild summers that give you something to talk about once school starts again."

And I would partly agree-- I want to have fun this summer! But somehow I want something more. I want something with more purpose-- something that gives me fulfillment. A feeling of "good job, Carly. You spent your summer how you are supposed to, being mature and looking to the future."

I need to find a balance. (This is not easily done, obviously, or else I wouldn't have to post a blog on the Internet to vent about it.)

So, what do I do? Who do I listen to? Where do I look for guidance?

The only place that has never ever ever ever steered me wrong: The word of God.

Now before you get all "I'm so over this blogging about Jesus stuff. That was way too dramatic-- pretending that God is the only one that gives good advice! What about friends? What about parents? What about past experiences?"

I personally believe that ALL things good and perfect come from God somehow. My parents give me advice because they've learned through life in Christ about how to overcome. My past experiences were presented to me by God and with Him, I was able to overcome and learn from the mistakes I made.

There are a LOT of uncertainties in life. But thankfully there is always One that remains constant, and He never steers me wrong. And here's what the Bible says about looking to God for guidance:

In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps.
-Proverbs 16:9 NIV

I may think I'm doing everything right, and I may think that my plans are better. The reality is that I'm not doing everything right, and my plans are not better. God's will is perfect and He already has an amazing plan for my life. I just need to trust in Him.

Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:3-4 NIV

God doesn't want us to plan it all out, (He establishes our steps anyway!) So I do not need to worry this summer, or ever. I don't need to plan who I'm going to be or what I'm going to do-- I just  need to do good and trust in Him and He will be faithful to "grant me the desires of my heart."

Lastly, one of my favorite passages on worry:

Do Not Worry

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:25-27,34 NIV

Go in peace, knowing that you are loved by someone who will never lead you down the wrong path. All you have to do is put your faith, hope, and trust in Him and live accordingly.

Comments

melissa said…
Carly, I stumbled upon your blog today and it was such a blessing. I haven't written on my blog in such a long time, and now that summer is here, I started back up and it such therapy, isn't it?! :) Anyhow, you said all the things and quoted all the Bible verses I needed to read today. Thank you. I even took notes, so I could share them with my husband~ i think your Bible verses are just what he needs to read right now with his job. I know you will have an awesome summer! Because you are an amazing girl and God has some pretty amazing plans for you, I can tell!
melissa said…
Carly, I stumbled upon your blog today and it was just what I needed to read! I even took notes and jotted down the beautiful Bible verses for Rob who is struggling with his job right now. Thank you. I know you will have an amazing summer, because you're an amazing girl and God has some big plans for you, that's just the kind of girl you are... you are totally aware of His presence and He will provide all that you need to make your summer beautiful!
Carly said…
Thanks for the comment, Melissa! Believe it or not, it was a much needed blessing to hear I could be a beacon of light to someone today. I'm so glad God used me for that-- He truly does use us in every moment we dedicate to Him (and then some!) I miss your family! I hope and pray you all are doing well :) Thanks again for the comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer