1st Chronicles 20-24

You don't necessarily need to read these chapters just yet-- I haven't read them yet. But I'm pressed for time, and need to blog in the next 20 minutes. We'll see how this goes. Sadly, you'll have to realize that yes, even I am a busy person, and have to make short crappy blogs sometimes.

But while we're on the subject, why not blog about being pressed for time, Carly? Why, that's a great idea, Carly. Good thinking.

So, sometimes, you might feel like everything is going by way too fast. I mean, you rush through an hour, or between classes, or through the grocery line, and then WHAM-- you do something you regret.

After you sit down at a desk, or in your car, or on the couch, it's natural to rethink what just happened. To... look back on the situation. I'm not the only one who does that, right? You kind of play the rushy busy scene over again in your head, because you actually have the time to THINK about it.

While you're in the rush, though, you have no time to think. Your mouth is acting faster than your mind, and you say something wrong or do something terrible. These little moments seems to rush past you in the moment, but when you take the time to just relax and think things over... you sigh and realize that you've messed up.

There are two main things you can do to prevent these sort of encounters. Even though they'll still follow you from time to time, there are some quick fixes.

First, you can prepare yourself for the rush. You can say to yourself, "I know this grocery is going to be busy, so I better pause every few seconds and think about what I'm going to say/do."

But if you forget, (which happens a lot,) you can always just rethink about the situation and realize that it WAS busy time, and that sometimes things don't work out as planned when things are busy. If it's something you think might affect someone, then apologize. If it's just something that you're struggling with yourself, pray about it and ask for forgiveness.

Remember to not only ask, but to try your very best not to repeat the same mistake.

I gotta go-- always on the run. I should take my own advice when I'm out in the world! Have a lovely day.

Peace.

Comments

Granny said…
Hi Carly. I wrote you yeserday in the comment section, and see that it did not get there. Have things changed a bit, along with format? Anyway, it seems when I rush, plan too many things at once, I find myself not doing well on any of them. When I sit back, take a breath, and concentrate on doing just one thing well, instead of twenty, not so well, then it works better. Take time to relax, enjoy the day, pray, and love each minute that we have, as life is far too short on this earth anyway.
Carly said…
Can't agree more-- I like being busy but I spread myself thin sometimes. Gotta work on that :)

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer