Job 1-4

Read these AMAZING chapters now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post, or at www.bible.com. Like I JUST said, they're amazing.

Okay, so there's good news and bad news for today. The good news is you get the privilege of reading a wonderful story in the Bible about a man who followed God even when the WORST of the world came to him.

The bad news... it might make you feel like a bad person. But you know what? I guess that's kind of good news, if your self-esteem isn't too bad. Because once you realize that you ARE a sinner, and you DO need Jesus, you can be forgiven once you admit your need for His grace and mercy! Hallelujah!

I guess you're not supposed to giggle when you read the Bible, but I couldn't help but smile when I read the first chapter. I could easily rewrite this and make it really modern and urban. Here's the modern day version:

Satan: Sup, Dude?

God: Hello Satan. Where have YOU been lately? Even though I already know, because... I'm God.

Satan: Oh, the usual. Just causing trouble on your beautiful little earth. I'm making all these people sinners, you know.

God: Yes, I'm aware. Don't worry, I'll take mercy on your soul if you want me to.

Satan: Heck no! I can do fine on my own.

God: Oh really?

Satan: Yeah. Really.

God: Have you seen my servant, Job? He's been faithful to me forever.

NOTE: JOB IS PRONOUNCES LIKE JOBE

Satan: Do you think I can take him?

God: I dunno, he's been loyal to me for quite some time now.

Satan: Like, forever?

God: Pretty much. Every one's a sinner, but Job is one of the most loyal servants I have on earth.

Satan: Oh my god, no way!

God: Just who IS your "god" anyway?

Satan: (hesitating) I don't know. I guess no one.

God: That's what I thought. So, about Job...

Satan: Yeah, ABOUT Job. You've given him everything, God. That's why it's so easy for him to praise you. But, if you take something away from him, surely he'll curse your name!

God: As you wish. You may test Job is you want, just don't kill him, because I love him, and will protect himself from death.


So, that's what happened. Sort of. The real story is in the reading.

Satan took away all of Job's livestock, and even killed all his sons and daughters. I know that if God let that happen to ME, then I'd be preeeeeetty mad.

But God has a plan, and Job knows that. Even throughout all the skin diseases Satan puts on Job, he keeps praising God.

There's more suffering to come, by the way. Do you think Job will finally crack? Find out tomorrow.

And NEVER EVER NEVER doubt God. Be a Job.

Peace be with ya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer