1st Chronicles 27-29 (LAST CHAPTERS FOR THIS BOOK!)




SPEECHES.


I thought it was funny when I read today's chapters. (If you haven't already, PLEASE READ THEM NOW at http://www.bible.com/ or with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post!)


"Why did you think it was funny, Carly? It's the BIBLE!"


Good question. I have to make a speech tomorrow in order to be elected as a representative for our school, and honestly, I'm kind of nervous. I know, I know, representatives are supposed to be good at making speeches, and writing persuasive things. They shouldn't be scared!


But, I'd be a liar if I told you I wasn't a little nervous about it. I think most people are, so I'm assuming it's normal. I just-- really really really want to do this, and to represent our school. I like to make a difference! And this speech thing might get in the way of it.


Anyway, I thought it was funny, because going into the reading, all I could focus on is this big speech I have to make, and the stress that leads up to that speech. I kept having to reread part that I missed, because I was too focused on the speech.


Then-- BAM! David said a long and winding speech to his followers! It was so moving, and so persuasive, I'm almost positive that God sent it right to me, right then and there. Let me rephrase that: THANK YOU, GOD!


The fact of the matter is, if you have your facts down straight, like David, no speech will ever fall short of the glory it deserves. You have to be passionate about it, and be able to persuade people. I don't know about you, but I think David did an excellent job of making a speech. He was passionate about the land, and his faith, and I think he did a wonderful job.


So, David, if you're listening up there, (or wherever you are,) kudos to the sweet speech, man. You really brought the house down.


It got me thinking, though. To God, it's not important whether or not he nailed the speech, just that he (meaning David) had the right points, and the right background info behind his speech. What exactly was his speech about, you ask?


NEVER FEAR! I POSTED IT BELOW!


1st Chronicles 28:9
9 ‘And you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve him with single mind and willing heart; for the Lord searches every mind, and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will abandon you for ever.


Now, I know you're probably like "WHAT THE_______!?" Because it says God will abandon you forever. But it's important to realize this was written BEFORE Christ the Son of God. Jesus can forgive our sins because of his crucifixion on the cross. Back then, there wasn't as much willingness to forgive.

But the message as a whole is PERFECT for what I'm going through, and I'm sure you can figure something out to relate to you, too. I should leave my speech to God, and just serve Him with all of my mind, body, and strength. Everything will fall into place. He understands where I am, and where you are, and He will meet you wherever you are.

Think about THAT next time you're in stress or confusion. There's always someone who loves you more than words can say, and maybe now is the time to just give in and realize that GOD WILL HELP YOU IF YOU HELP YOURSELF AND FOLLOW HIM. Whatever happens tomorrow will be God's will, so pray that God will do whatever it takes to make that evident to all the candidates.

And to all you candidates out there reading this: GOOD LUCK!

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
I have a prayer out already, that God will let you do the best you can tomorrow in your speech, and His will be done in your life. If it is not to be, then accept the fate and know it was not in His plan for you. Be prepared with your speech, trust in God that you will deliver it with all to glorify him with your talents, and sit back and coast! Yeah if you make it, and if not, then go do what God has next for you to try.
Carly said…
I think I did pretty well, I tried my hardest and a lot of people told me they voted for me. If not, though, then I have NO doubt there will be a new plan and a new task for me.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer