Esther 8-10

Okay, so I'm kinda sad that the book of Esther is over. It was really powerful, and like I've said before, it's one of my favorites. Read now at www.bible.com or with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post. I know there are restrictions and controversies to just about everything, but I think it's pretty safe to say that Esther was smart and assertive, and she took care of business.

Some may not be as assertive at I am, which I totally get. Sometimes going after what you want can result in the exact opposite of what you hoped for.

It happens to me all the time. But if you pray hard enough before making those risky moves, you'll know that WHATEVER happens is God's will, and that it will all be okay one day.

But by "risky" I don't mean dangerous to your health. I'm saying situations where you might lose your reputation, or a good friend. You need to set standards for yourself, and if something is against that, do something about it.

For example, let's say you decide to follow Jesus. Then, someone makes fun of a Christian for what they believe, or make fun of the religion in general. This would be an example of an instance where we need to do something.

If something seems fishy with someone, ask them about it! You might not get the exact answer you were hoping for, but God has a plan for every response.

Ester was assertive and involved, just like I aspire to be. She knew that her HUSBAND was about to issue a law to kill Jews, her people. Did she risk her relationship? Sure did. But God was on her shoulders, and she ended up saving a bunch of people.

She risked her reputation, and her place as queen. Like I said, it ended up making a great difference for her people, but what if it didn't? What if it failed? Miserably.

Then, she could take a breath and know she ALWAYS has hope in her God, and that she stayed true to herself. Don't be afraid to take risks sometimes, even if you are risking a lot. They could turn out good, they could turn out bad, but at least you know for the future that you stuck true to who you are.

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, your always in the same place." -Unknown.

Amen?

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
Staying true to your convictions, and asking God for help is always good. Things don't always work out like we plan, but we know that if God leads us to it, He will lead us through it.
Carly said…
That's good! I like that saying!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer