Esther 1-3 (Read now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.bible.com/.)

GIRL POWER.

First off, I'd like to apologize for all the males reading this post. Sometimes, the Bible talks pretty low about women, so in the brief time when the GIRL is the hero, I'm going to make the most of it!

Her name's Esther. She grew raised by a Jew, and at that time Jews were pretty scarce and not looked highly upon. But instead of just sitting around and doing nothing, Esther followed her guardian's advice and is going to make a difference.

This story really rings true to me. It makes me smile, knowing that God (and Esther) can know my pain, and can overcome it. People used to be really sexist, and women were treated really badly, as we all know.

But times have changed, and I'm very happy to be in a country where women are supposed to be treated the same.

But sadly, I feel as if we really aren't the same sometimes. We're put on a pedestal sometimes, and other times we're just a rock people like to kick around. It makes me pretty sad. Why should girls get the short end of the stick? Although it's not this way for everyone, which I understand...

It's probably just for a select few. Some guys think that just because THEY'RE the men that they can do whatever they please. Like the King in today's reading. He removed his wife from being queen because she wouldn't show off her great looks to the town.

How ridiculous. I think that if people are supposed to be treated equal, they should be. If you are nice to your friends, you should be nice to people of the opposite sex. If you respect your friends, respect people of the opposite sex. If you talk to your friends, talk to those of the opposite sex. Answer them as if they were the same.

I'm not going to sit around waiting like a little bump on a log while guys are getting further. I should be able to express my opinions like everyone else! Guys sometimes don't take girls seriously, like we don't have a say in anything. We get ignored. We get forgotten.

But guess what? Even though we haven't read about it yet, I'm thinking that Ester has a little power inside her, just like me. She wants to change how her people are being treated, more specifically how GIRLS are being treated.

Esther, if you're listening out there, I admire you for tyring to make a difference, and I hope you're successful.

Let the story today be a lesson to us all that you need to stay true to yourself, and follow God no matter how people treat you. Love Him regardless of what the world tries to do, and love others no matter what sex they are.

Amen. Go in Peace.

Comments

Granny said…
Esther was a cool lady. Enjoy the book of Esther.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer