Hebrews 1-4

These chapters are extremely short. Read 'em now with the BIBLE READER widget to the right of this post or at http://www.biblegateway.com/!

THE WORD IS ALIVE.

Have you ever just been completely fascinated with the Bible? Maybe a certain verse or passage just totally speaks to you and your life. It's amazing how God can move through the Word and I love every second of it!

Sometimes when I'm frustrated or confused, I just flip open the Bible to a random page, and sure enough, God finds a way to speak to my heart. His Word is alive, people! Don't believe me? Take this passage from Hebrews, then!

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Hebrews 4:12-13

The book of Hebrews was addressed to the Hebrews, who at the time, didn't fully believe Jesus was the Messiah. Some began to listen and believe, but sadly, there are still people today who never had a relationship with Jesus and it breaks my heart.

Most times, I believe people are just confused. They don't know what to trust. So, then, I challenge these people. Pick up a Bible and turn to any page, and point your finger down. God speaks through the Bible, and I have the faith He can speak to you!

Sometimes it feels like we're testing God, though, and we have to understand that God works through faith. If we "test" God by expecting something specific, it will never get done.

Instead, you have the believe the verse I posted. God is alive, and His Word is alive as well. Period.

Peace out.

Also, I encourage you to check out this song by Casting Crowns called "The Word is Alive." It's an amazingly phenomenal song, sure to appeal to anyone. Click below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukMix2pUpPo

Comments

Granny said…
I can always open the Bible and pick a scripture, and it speaks to me too! No matter the situation, it is a book of healing. It warms my heart to have you find this out at such an early age. You have a lifetime of comfort.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer