1st Corinthians 14-16

Read the last chapters of 1st Corinthians now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.biblegateway.com/

YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE.



I know this picture is cheesy. But bare with me.

Sometimes we don't like what we've become. I, for one, feel as if I've turned into someone that doesn't make my friends happy, or my teachers... but no matter how many times I resent myself, it's simply the way God has made me. And the same goes for you!

Take everything you've ever disliked about yourself and understand that God has a specific plan for your life, and who you are at this very moment! It brings me a chills to know that things that SEEM stupid to me are actually blessings from God, and He loves me for everything that I am.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect...

1st Corinthians 15:10

It's by the simple grace of God that we are able to live freely, and that we can be who we are! Not because it's what some human wants of us, or what we want of ourselves, but because God loves every part of us because it's part of WHO WE ARE.

Today is a reminder that there is no burden too big for God. By His grace, we are forgiven, and loved for exactly who we are.

Make sure to tell everyone who needs to hear that today!

You are loved.

Peace.

www.profilebrand.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE this post Carly! I really needed this today. Yesterday, my boyfriend broke up with me, and it was really hard going through today. He didn't care about me the way that I cared about him, and that really hurts. But you reminded me that God has a plan for my life, and that HE cares about me more than anyone! I don't need the love of some stupid boy, I have is love, even though I will never be deserving enough, and that is more than I could ever ask for.
Just thought that I would let you know that your devotional touched me,
-Alexandra from Mexico :)
Granny said…
God loves us flaws and all, and has a plan for us, flaws and all!
Carly said…
I'm so glad God was able to touch you in the way He did-- your comment brings me such joy knowing I was able to help out someone other than myself :) It's tough-- relationships. They can bend and break you, and sometimes they seem as if you have nothing left. Luckily, though, you will always have something, the love of Jesus. He loves you "flaws and all" as my Granny says, and I thank Him for loving me-- even though I don't deserve it-- every chance I get. Thanks for your comment, guys! God is good, life is good.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer