2nd Corinthians 10-13

Read the last chapters of 2nd Corinthians now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.biblegateway.com/.

MAY THE WEAK BE STRONG.



There were some confusing parts to today's reading, all about boasting when you're suffering. It was a little weird to read-- some guy bragging all about how many times he's been beaten, or how many times he's been shipwrecked.

I even put a big question mark next to the passages-- like "Why is all of this a good thing?" But then I read the following, and the light of God was shed on the passage.

...Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2nd Corinthians 12:7-10


God's power is made perfect in weakness! It just brings a little comfort to me, I guess... how things that seem so humanly terrible can actually be examples of how God helps us overcome them.

When we are weak, we become stronger than before with the help of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Amen!

Take this passage into consideration today, and give thanks for the things that don't seem fine and dandy. These are the things that strengthen us!

In the words of my favorite teacher, Mr. Waspe,


"Tears make you stronger."

Peace.

Comments

Granny said…
Through troubles and tribulation, we go to God and that keeps our faith and dependance on Him stronger.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer