Day One --thru-- Day Eight

Howdy! I'm super excited to start this blog/devotional/claim to fame tonight! I've got a lot of great ideas and I'm excited to share them with you. (Wherever you are.)

As you can see, this isn't the first day of the year, (aka the first day I started the reading guide.)

Instead of starting from day eight, I would like to sum up the first week or so for you, because I'm a nice person. Or, I like to think I am, at least.

The chapters I've read are in Genesis, chapters one through twenty-eight. I'm going to post a link to www.bible.com below. You can read them if you like, or you can skip down to the summary that follows. I won't think any differently of you if you skip down to the easy part. But, if you wanna, you can read the verses. They're good stuff, okay?

They're from the best piece of literature in the world, if that makes a difference. And it will only take you around 10-20 minutes. And you can say that you've read the entire Bible once you're done with these devotionals. But, if you don't want to take the time, you can skip to the summary.

Okay, enough explaining. You're not stupid.


Here's the link one more time, just run your mouse over Bible Resources on the left-hand panel, and scroll down to Bible Search. From here, you can search for whatever daily chapters I have posted. Today's reading is Genesis, chapters 1-28.

www.bible.com <----- LINK IS RIGHT HERE.

Okay, reader. Here's a scripture summary of days one through eight of your online devotional, interpreted by me:


Chapters One --thru-- Chapters Twenty-Eight

Summary

Man, in these eight days of reading, a lot has happened. First, the whole creation thing happened... you know, God creating all the world in a mere 6 days, and on the 7th day he rested. That's why we have the Sabbath, you know. We have church on Sunday because God rested on the 7th day from creating the universe... so we should worship him on that day. That's just a fun fact, in case you didn't already know it.

If you did know it... my apologies. Then, I guess you're reminded of it again!

I can't really explain all the stories in these chapters, for two main reasons. One, it's impossible to sum up every single detail. Only God knows why each story was put into the Bible. And two, because there's a lot of stuff going on!

We've got Adam, this guy who thinks he has everything (mostly because he does,) but decides to blame the world's first sin (eating the fruit off of the forbidden tree) on his WIFE, who told him to eat off the tree. Of course, it is true. Eve was deceived by the serpent, and ate the fruit off of the one tree that Adam and Eve weren't to eat off of.

They did, though. And because of it, men have to work for their pay and do hard labor for food, and women have to have a really hard time in childbirth. I wonder what having a child would be like if Eve hadn't eaten the apple. Darn that Eve. Justtttt kidding.

And, another thing that happened after Adam and Eve sinned was they realized they were naked. I'm not sure what realizing your lack of clothing has anything to do with sinning, but it must have been connected. In a weird way, I'm happy that we get to wear clothes. I mean, I'm really mad that they sinned and all, but I don't mind not being naked. If that makes any sense.

I guess if they hadn't of sinned, we'd never realize our nakedness. Is that a word? Nakedity? I don't know. It would be nice not having to worry about clothing, though. People wouldn't be made fun of as much.

But I guess someone would have to sin somewhere along the road of life... and once they did, everyone would suffer. Adam and Eve just happened to be the first sinners.

If you've read the other chapters in the last week, you'll soon realize Adam and Eve weren't the only ones sinning. The world was such a nasty and sinful place that God sent the flood to wash all the badness away. It's like the earth's first windshield-wiper! That's how I think of it, anyhow.

The badness continued, however. And although it got really out of hand and the world was still very very sinful... God promised he wouldn't send another flood. That's always a nice thing to know. Even when the entire world seems to be against you, and you're so fed up with life, you can always sit back and relax. You can grab a glass of lemonade and say to yourself, "Everything is going wrong today! Life stinks! But hey, I won't get swept up in a flood that covers the earth today! God promised."

He's kept his promise to this very day. There haven't been any floods that covered the Earth that I know of.

Other stories happened in these chapters... too many to name. They're all good though. We've got The Tower of Babel, (look it up if you haven't read it. It's amazing. It kind of kicks all the evolutionists in the butt, because it tells all about why people speak in different languages. You should google it or something.)

We've also got a lot of scandal and gossip. Kind of like a Soap Opera, only it's true. And there's not guns and stuff. But anyway, there's lying, tricking, and lots of babies.

Okay, enough madness. It's all true, by the way. And, I promise, the Bible isn't all like this, you know, the strange births and random floods that destroyed earth. Everything in the Bible was meant for a reason, and should be payed attention to.

Like, the last story in the reading... Jacob and Esau. They were brothers, and the oldest brother, Esau, was going to get his father's blessing once his father died. But the mother, Rebekah, loved Jacob more, apparently. She was all "Jacob! You need to pretend to act like your brother and go and steal the family blessing! Your father is old, and blind, so he cannot tell the difference!"

Jacob was hesitant, but he agreed to his mother, and dressed in Esau's clothes and went to his father on his death bed to get the blessing. He lied to his father (Isaac,) when his father asked who he was. He said "I am the oldest, Esau, father. I have made you your favorite food! Eat this food, and afterwards you can give me the blessing."

Poor Isaac gave Jacob the blessing, and Esau was very furious. I would be furious, if my brother stole the only thing guaranteed to me in life.

The brothers split, and became two separate nations. It's pretty sad, really.

The message of the story can be many things. But, they way I interpreted it was this:

Don't lie to your father when he's on his death bed. You'll feel guilty and your brother will hate you, and you'll split up on opposite sides of the land.

I guess this story might mean something else to you. But, whatever it may mean, try and grasp onto the message. If it means you and your brother need to sort something out, by all means: go and sort it out.

Or, if you're having a really bad day, sit back with some lemonade and relax. The world isn't coming to an end by a huge flood.

Or maybe, you feel guilty about something. Make it right, or else you might be like Adam and Eve, who'd sin became worse as it went on.

Your life is in your hands. We can't change the past... but we can change how we act towards the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer