Welcome to Your Devotions!

Okay, so most people know those fancy books you can go out and buy that help you live a fulfilling life. They're called Devotional Books. They're great for the person who has loads of time on their hands, and can stay up late at night trying to catch up on their daily reading, even though none of the information pertains to them.

But, for most of us, they're just $12.95 that we could have spent on something more useful. Something that doesn't require lots of time and attention, but can still make your day a lot better than it was before.

You can find all of that, here, for a low price of FREE.

I decided to start blogging yesterday after watching Julie and Julia. It's a really cute movie starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams and I love it to death. Mostly, because I want to be a writer, just like the main character in the movie, Julia. She wanted to become a writer, but she had so much to do that she thought she's never have enough time.

In desperate tries to relax, she began cooking, and wrote a blog about her new project, which was to try and cook her way through Julia Child's cookbook. Her blog turned out as an enormous success, and she got the happy ending of getting a book published, and meeting all these famous people, and blah blah blah. It was a really good movie, don't get me wrong, but I was just a little jealous at the end of it.

How come I can't become a writer like Julie?

I see no reason, really.

So, first, I had to pick a goal. You know, something to write about daily, that will keep everyone out there entertained and on the edge of their seats. 2010 started about a week ago, and I started the reading guide in the back of my Bible.

Turns out, if I read a few chapters each day, I can finish the entire Bible before 2011. Seems like a pretty fantastic goal, if I do say so myself.

So, here I am. I want to:

a) become a writer
b) read the entire Bible before December 31st of this year, and
c) get a few fans out there to go on this journey with me.

I'm going to read the chapters that are laid out for me each day, and write a short overview of what they mean to me. Hopefully, they can mean something to you, too.

Before you think "this blog is a waste of time," just hear me out. I'm going to try my best to put the words of God into something we can ALL relate to, by telling you stories and examples of what each chapter means. I'll paste the actual reading from www.bible.com here each day, and a brief summary.

Got it?

If you want to learn how to become a better Christian person, or if you want to start from scratch and learn what being a Christian means, check back here everyday for a few chapters. It will only take you 5 minutes (tops!) and it will help you sort out all the "thou"s and "doest"s and all that spiffy Bible lingo.

We'll all learn together, what it means to follow Jesus, and what HIS published book means to the world.

It'll be a project, I know. But I think with a little God power and some encouragement from whoever is reading this that it can be done.

"With men, this is possible. But with God, all things are possible."
-Matthew 19:26

See? Not so hard to understand, right?

Check back for more, I'll put what I've read so far on this blog tonight.

Go in Peace, and God Bless!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Carly! What your doing sounds amazing and I can't wait to see what happens with it! Good luck!
Carly said…
Why thank you, kind reader (who I have not a clue as to who you are!) I just posted more!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer