Day Twenty-Eight


Day Twenty-Eight -- Leviticus 1-4

Read these chapters to the left of this post with the BIBLE READER widget, or at www.bible.com. It's a new book of the Bible today, a new start to read if you haven't been doing so lately!

So, I was all excited yesterday because I thought we would move on to actual stories, and stop having to read through a bunch of rules and stuff.

We still have to read rules and stuff. Hopefully, not for long.

I've decided to do today's devotion on disappointment. I was pretty disappointed when I found out today's reading was all about rules, so I'm writing about it for y'all. Or, is is ya'll? Don't know. Don't think it matters.

What I did pick up from today's chapters were that it was mostly about sacrifices. When someone sinned, they were to slaughter one of their goats, and present it to the Lord. You're probably thinking "Well, I sin everyday! I don't have any goats!" Or, maybe you're like "I sin a lot, and I have goats on my farm. But doesn't killing them seem really really harsh? Do we have to kill a goat every time we sin?"

My answer is, no.

"But why not?"

Because! I said so! In actuality, it was required in the first testament (the first half of the bible) to kill something and sacrifice it in order to be forgiven. It was pretty harsh.

But, if you remember what picture I put up today, hopefully you can make a connection. When Jesus was born, he was declared the Son of God. He was crucified, (aka put up to die on the cross) and it was a very very very harsh thing. Worse than the killing of a goat, actually.

But, Jesus died for a reason. When he died, it symbolized him taking the blame for all of our sins. He's the ultimate sacrifice. Instead of sacrificing a goat, we have our Lord and Savior who was willing to die, so we don't have to be as orthodox and kill animals for our sins. He took the blame for me.

And for you, too.

And... for everyone.

After this, people didn't have to sacrifice an animal to be forgiven. Jesus forgave them.

So next time you sin, don't shake it off your shoulder and move on with your life. Remember that Jesus died especially for YOU, and if you believe in him, then your sins will be forgiven.

Next time you're depressed, or disappointed, remember that Jesus gave his life for you.

He rose from the dead (to prove he really was the son of God,) and although he came back to life, he still went through the torture of being nailed to the cross, and the torture of seeing all our sins in the world.

Love God with everything you have. Love him with your heart, and your soul. Give up your life for him.

He gave up his life for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer