Day Twenty-Nine



<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Day Twenty-Nine -- Leviticus 5-7
You can read these three chapters at http://www.bible.com/ or with the BIBLE READER widget to the left of this post!

Also, I've added a "share this" button to the left of this post, too. So if you liked this post, you can share the message with your friends or enemies on Facebook or on Twitter.

Let's get this devotion started!

Guess what? There are more rules about how to make sacrifices in today's reading. I started this devotional because I wanted to show people that the Bible is an exciting and interesting book that can help you with all of your troubles...
But it's hard to do that when I'm supposed to write a devotional about ancient people pouring blood over pieces of their tabernacle and waving a goat's body parts in the air as an offering to God.
But, I'll try.
As I was reading, I noticed how strange all of this seemed to me. (And how strange is probably seems to you.) It makes you just want to go "Hmph! I don't want to read this! NO SIR! It's boring, and too weird! I think I'm going to watch some TV now."
WAIT! I know it's weird, okay? But Everything was put into the Bible for a reason. Bear with me here. Or, is is "bare with me here"? I have no clue.
The pointtttttt is, in order to get through a certain goal, you're going to have to look past the "weird" parts and see the truth. You're faced with all sorts of weird jokes or strange people every day. Instead of getting caught up in what they're doing, keep your eye on the prize. Remember what God says about following him. You need to have a clear path that you can work towards. Ignore the stuff that gets in the way of that.
Now, does that mean you need to ignore weird people? Forget they exist? NO! Some of you might be thinking "Hey, I'm weird, Carly! This is offensive!"
I don't think weird is quite the right word to be used here. Let's try sinful out for size.
Ignore the things that don't seem normal to you. If you live a God filled life, then you'll begin to see the rights and wrongs of your days. If you come across something that doesn't seem quite right, or might just be plain weird... my best advice is to stay away.
For example... you're walking down the street and you see some guy selling drugs.
"But I don't live where people sell drugs, Carly! I--"
SHHHH! It's just an example! Let me talk!
If you have Jesus in your heart, and clear and steady conscious, you're probably having a little buzzer that rings off in your head when you come across this man. (Or woman.) Most would agree, it's a little sinful, and a little weird.
So, walk away. You don't need to run up to him/her and be like "Yo! Why you gotta be sinful like that! Turn yo life around, man!"
But, if you respect that some people deal with issues in different ways, then everything makes sense. Be in charge of YOUR life. If something seems wrong, or sinful, or weird, take control and walk away.
The easiest way to avoid fighting is to not get into a fight.
So, there you have it. If someone or something seems weird, you don't have to agree with it. You just have to understand and respect why it's different. Like today's reading. It's a little weird! I'm not trying to make you go and kill a goat for your sins, okay? But I want you to respect that God has a plan for the Bible (and everything else in the universe,) so just stay cool and respect it.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
-Aretha Franklin.
Haha! Go in Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer