Ezekiel 18-20

Read these chapters now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post, or at http://www.bible.com/.

EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN SINS.

Sometimes, people take this phrase and twist it into "no one is perfect." But we shouldn't take this as an excuse that sinning is okay. My pastor brought that to my attention today. I comfort my friends (and myself) all the time by saying "don't worry about it! everyone sins! no one is perfect!"

But now that I sit down and really think about it, everyone has their own sins. It's true, that no one is perfect, but that doesn't mean that sins aren't a big deal. It means the opposite-- that we should own up to our sins and take responsibility of them. That we should feel bad when we do something wrong, because although no one is perfect, we ALSO have our own sins that we are responsible for.

In today's reading, God really summed that up for me:

Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Ezekiel 18:30-32


Repent to the one who SAVES. No one is perfect, but that doesn't mean we need to slack off. Try to live for Jesus, because that's what He looks for.

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
This is so true. God does love us, forgives our sins, but we should own up to OUR sins and try to do better.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer