Isaiah 64-66

Read these AMAZING chapters with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.bible.com/!

ACCIDENT FORGIVENESS

I think I may already have a blog somewhere out there about accident forgiveness. But it fit nicely with today's blog. It's the last day of Isaiah today, and although I'm excited to move on, I'm upset that Isaiah is over. It was a really awesome book filled with all sorts of wisdom.

And what do you know, the chapters we read today were filled with awesomeness and I can't wait to talk about them.

First off, we all sin. This might be a shocker to those who believe that they're blameless... but NO ONE IS PERFECT EXCEPT GOD. God is perfection, the only perfection, and we're just a whole bunch of sinners.

In saying that, God is also very forgiving and gracious. He sent His song to die for us, and our sins are forgiven through faith in Jesus Christ. This verse in today's reading really helped sum that up for me:


Yet, O LORD, you are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.

Do not be angry beyond measure, O LORD;
do not remember our sins forever.
Oh, look upon us, we pray,
for we are all your people.

Isaiah 64:8-9


If you don't ask for forgiveness, and don't realize that you NEED Jesus and NEED his graciousness, then you're kind of out of luck. God sent His only Son to DIE for you, so the least you could do is try and live for Him, right? One day it won't matter what job you have, or what money you possess. God has heaven waiting for us, and one day He'll come and judge us for the way we LOVED.

See, the LORD is coming with fire,
and his chariots are like a whirlwind;
he will bring down his anger with fury,
and his rebuke with flames of fire.

For with fire and with his sword
the LORD will execute judgment upon all men,
and many will be those slain by the LORD.


Isaiah 66:15-16

It's a hard thing to grasp your mind around, but everything else God has said has come true, so why should we exclude this? God is coming again. We need to live for Him in the meantime, so we're covered when He comes.

And if we do...

Behold, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.
But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.

I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more.

Isaiah 65:17-19

God has a place for ALL His believers, and although this was written for the people of Jerusalem, it means it's open for all who LOVE GOD and all who LOVE OTHERS.

Talk to me if this is confusing, or if you need help understanding it. Because even though I can't explain it very well... God has a plan for our lives and we need to put it into action!

You're forgiven for all you do if you seek the graciousness of God. And one day, we'll all be rejoicing and the sound of weeping and crying will be heard no more...

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
Wow! A place where there are no tears, no sorrow, no pain....only Joy. It sounds pretty awesome to me. He does not ask much of us, only to believe, and it is promised.
erin (mud13) said…
wow that was a really good one; the best i've read so far. i love those verses and turn to them whenever i need comfort. ps i showed your devotions to my mom and she thought they were really good.
Carly said…
Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you like the chapters and the verses! They're really something, right? Sometimes I mark the ones I like to turn back on. No matter how many times you read them, they never get old! I'm glad your mama likes them too!

~Carly

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer