Jeremiah 28-30

Read these now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.bible.com/.

A PERFECT PURPOSE.

Have you ever looked at an item in those cheesy nick-knack magazines? (I have noooooooo idea how to spell nick-knacks. That's just what the spell-check said.) We've all seen them, though, right? The magazines with things like "indoor grass patches" and "watch phones" and the most ridiculous items you'll ever see. I always read them on airplanes or at bookstores and think "what is the purpose of THIS?" How can anyone ever need a decorated fruit holder?

I hate to admit it, but sometimes I read the Bible and think the same thing. "How can THIS story ever be beneficial to ANYONE?" It's all about war, and famine, and death. Doesn't seem very inspiring, right? But we have to believe that even when times in the Bible seem dry or boring that there is a purpose for us reading them.

It's just like life, once you think about it. We can't have glamorous lives forever and ever while we're on earth. We have to suffer a little sometimes, and although we don't understand it... we have to believe there's a perfect purpose for our lives.

I believe with all of my heart that God has a special purpose for me. He has one for you, too. Something unique, and something beautiful. We might not agree with the direction that God is pushing us towards sometimes, because some things that happen to us seem like there's no happy ending.

But in the midst of all these tragedies, we can ALWAYS be still and know that there's a purpose for why it's happening. That God has a plan for us, and the real gift is the purpose that God has.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

If we seek God, and NOT seek the ways of the world, we'll begin to see a bright purpose. A perfect purpose that can only be God-given. I hope we all take that into consideration today, and when times seem tough.


Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
I am glad that God has the way for me. Sometimes I feel like I am blindly wandering. All I have to do is step back and call on God to lead me. It sounds easy, doesn't it? ha!
Anonymous said…
i read youlittle thing u did today i realy understand it and it makes sence kknow that u showd me this blog i feel like there sombody who can talk well typ to me when i am feeling down
Carly said…
Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you're enjoying my thoughts and the verses read today. I'm so happy when I get comments like this, they alwaya make me smile :) Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer