Lamentations 3-5

Read these chapters now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post.

RAY OF HOPE


The book of Lamentations is all about the after effects of the sinning of God's people. They sinned, and they were punished. And then, the people blamed their misfortunes on God, like God is some evil guy that punished them for no reason.

But then, in the midst of all this suffering and complaining-- a ray of hope was discovered. Whoever wrote the book of Lamentations was undergoing some pretty rough stuff. They were pretty depressed without friends or family. It must have been hard seeing all of your people starving for food, and getting thirsty all the time.

But in this ray of hope, there came a message. I don't really enjoy reading about all this depression, so when the author wrote the next few verses, I was really happy.

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.

I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.

Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

Lamentations 3:19-26

Sometimes, it seems as if life is falling apart. But with hope in God, you can always be still and know that a new day is coming. A new salvation is coming, because God loves us all.

Think on that next time you're depressed.

Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer