Jeremiah 4-5

P.A.D. (MY NEW FAVORITE ACRONYM.)

Hey everyone! Time is getting closer and closer to the end of summer. I'm trying my hardest to fit in time with friends and family, and do this blog, and prepare for school... I LOVE BEING BUSY! :)

Throughout all this busyness, you should learn something about yourself. You know, how you respond to things when they go by fast... how you deal with things quickly, how you deal with things you're not used to...

It's all a giant learning process. But what I've learned while people-watching at the pool is that PAD... which means PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT. It's such a simple phrase! We all knew that, right? We all understand that God created us all differently, and we all have a different purpose.

So sometimes, I have to stop and wonder: why am I trying to change someone, or being judgmental of someone... just because they're different?

People are different. That's a fact. No one is the same as someone else, and although you might share the same qualities, you'll never find someone who is like you in every single way. That's comforting sometimes-- that you were created in a unique way. You have a special purpose. There's no one exactly like you.

But it's also really tough to live with. I don't know about you, but I sometimes assume that MY way is "right." I think that everything I do is correct, just because I've been raised to think a certain way or think certain things. I think that if someone is different, then they're "wrong."

For instance, some churches run prayer differently. Some only allow communion to adults. Some have a dress code, some don't. Who am I, or who is ANYONE, to say who is right and who isn't?

God is the ultimate judge. I know, I know, I say that ALL the time throughout my devotions, but that's because it's SO true. God is the creator, and He has a plan for our lives. He has a plan for every church, even the ones that are different.

He has a plan for every person, even the ones we deem as "wrong." And at the end of the day, we need to learn to simply embrace the differences, and not necessarily accept them. There is a difference between the two.

For instance... maybe I think that only men can preach. (This is completely just an example! Not my opinion!) And I go to my friend's church with a WOMAN preacher! What?!

Instead of trying to change my ways, and trying to accept this new style of church, I should just embrace the difference and understand that PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT.

Now, I'm not saying that trying to get someone to believe in God is bad. Because that's the opposite of what God is trying to say. It's just to try and make followers of Christ, but not judge them because they are weird, or different.

In a song lyric I love:

"We were born to embrace, not accept it." --Needtobreathe

We all know that people are different. And since only God can say who is right and who is wrong, we can't judge one another for their differences.

I hope that makes sense. This applies quite nicely to the reading today. If you remember, I started off this blog by saying that people handle things differently. They handle being rushed, being upset, being hurt... DIFFERENTLY. In the reading today, Jeremiah's people were being judged by God for their actions, and disaster was stricken all over the land.

Some people might of cursed God for putting them through turmoil. Some might of praised Him for paying attention to their actions, and letting justice being served. These are some good verses I'd like to end with:

Jeremiah 5:30-31

A horrible and shocking thing
has happened in the land:

The prophets prophesy lies,
the priests rule by their own authority,
and my people love it this way.
But what will you do in the end?


It's that simple. The prophets lie, the priests rule by themselves, and the people love the land. But in the end-- what will YOU do? Think on that.

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
Now, and in the end, I just want to listen to God, let Him be the ultimate judge. People lie, people rule, but in the end....you have to be tolerate of others, but rely on your faith in God.
erin said…
i think if everyone relized p.a.d then poeple would be more comfortable with who they are. i'm gonna start useing p.a.d a lot; it's great!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer