Isaiah 60-63

LIFE IS SO GOOD.

I hope it's okay if I vent about how great life is and how lucky we are to experience it. I figure it's a heck of a lot better than me complaining about stuff in life, so let the rant begin!

Something about this weekend has opened up my eyes to something new. I'm not really sure what it is, or why it's so awesome... but I'm starting to see things in a different light. I guess it all started with seeing how fortunate we really are, then a great day with friends, and then I got some awesome comments on my blog about how proud people were and how greatly my blogging has affected them.

It just makes me happy thinking about it-- me, a little teenage girl, making a difference in the world. And for THAT, I am very thankful. Then today I had a great time at church, where I was able to hear a great sermon and spend lots of time worshipping the One and Only God.

I'm very thankful for what God has given me, and I know that the Christian life is pretty tough sometimes. But when it's not... LIFE IS GOOD.

But after saying all of this, it made me think about the times that I feel like there's no hope. What am I supposed to do when things AREN'T going my way? What happens when I'm NOT happy?

I encourage you to read today's chapters now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post, or at http://www.bible.com/. They'll answer the above questions :)

Isaiah 60:1-2
Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.
See, darkness covers the earth
and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the LORD rises upon you
and his glory appears over you.

How great to know this. To be able to read this WHENEVER we find ourselves unhappy, or not hopeful... the Bible isn't just a book of stories, guys. It's a gateway to TRUTH. It IS truth, from God, given to us.

And although I'm so happy people are reading my blog, and maybe sharing some of the thoughts I have discovered... it would mean the world to me to know that people have read the Bible more because of me. That, maybe because of my devotions, they can find comfort in the words of truth.

I really hope that you take that under your wing for today, and think about it a little. That even when times seem the roughest they've been, that you can always find hope and peace in the Bible, or in prayer with God.

Thanks for every one's support as they've continued with me reading everyday. My Granny has read and commented on just about every devotion! It takes devotion to the Bible to be able to post everyday like I have, but it means so much more that people are joining me!

If you know someone that might need a little devotion-- be sure to mention my site. I have some little business card things that I put together... you can print out a page and give them to someone you know, someone you don't know-- I don't really care :) If you look to the right of this post, there's a page called "Share the Love" and you can find them there!

Peace be with ya.

Comments

Granny said…
It is pretty easy to be happy and say life is good when things are going great. But, what a comfort to know God, and have Him with us when things are not so good. Remember, if He leads you to it, He will lead you through it. Life definitely is good.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer