Hosea 5-9

Read these short chapters now with the BIBLE READER widget to the right of this post, or at http://www.biblegateway.com/.

WHAT DOES GOD DESIRE?



I have a lot of expectations for God. I want Him to make my life easier, and better, and cooler. I want him to heal me faster, and make sure I made the team. I want God to let me get the part I want. I have lots of desires, and most of them are unfair.

Although God has the power to do EVERYTHING, He's a God of justice, so He doesn't just give us everything we ask for. We don't deserve all we ask for, because we're all sinners and we make mistakes. Luckily, God gives us mercy, which is the ultimate gift, I think.

In today's reading, God explained how upset He was with Israel, and described what He expects of them. I've always wondered what is important in God's eyes-- and this verse made it a little clearer:


For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

Hosea 6:6

Keep in mind that you don't have to do any special offerings or prayer-- just acknowledge that God exists and invite him to live with you, and walk with you.

His desires are fairly simple, so why is it so hard? Love God. Love other people.

Peace out.

http://www.hem-of-his-garment-bible-study.org/online-bible-study-courses.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer