Micah 1-4

Read these short chapters with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.biblegateway.com/, or with your own Bible, if you like!

FRUSTRATING "GODS."

Sorry that today's devotion is so rant-ish. I go on random rants sometimes, and most times, they don't even apply to the reading. Today's devotion has somewhat of a theme, and that's the utter FRUSTRATION I get when people refer to other "gods" than my God, the only true God.

I get it when people get all skeptical. They're all like "Carly-- you don't KNOWWW that there's only one God. You don't have the proof!"

In which case, I respond with "Well then-- you obviously don't know Him like I do."

You see-- when you truly believe in the depth of your heart that there's a God-- then you KNOW. It's like a built-in part to your brain that He puts there. if you ask Jesus to live with you, and you develop a relationship with Him... then there isn't a question whether or not He's "real." Because once you feel what you do-- it's unlike any other feeling. Greater than love, greater than success, greater than happiness. It's all three combined!

My wonderful Pastor, Peter, did a sermon on this a few months ago. People often ask how Christians know that their God is true. But the only REAL way to be sure is to be a part of it! To engage yourself in the relationship with Him, and to let Jesus come into your life.

So, anyway... it just frustrates me. When people "pray" to another "god." I know it's kind of selfish to be so accusative, but it just bothers me how people say that there are multiple gods and how our God, you know, the CREATOR, is just one of hundreds.

I guess those people just haven't felt what I do, and in that case, it makes our job even tougher. But no one said it was going to be easy, right? All we DO know is that God, (the TRUE ONE,) is going to be with us all of the way, as we encourage others.

Micah 4:5

All the nations may walk
in the name of their gods;
we will walk in the name of the LORD
our God for ever and ever.


Questions? Comments? Opinions?

Bring 'em on.

Peace out, folks.

Comments

Granny said…
A great witness Carly. You just KNOW when you believe and feel God in your heart and a part of your life.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer