Zechariah 6-10

Read these short chapters now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.biblegateway.com/.

"I AM THE LORD, YOUR GOD."

How much more simple can it get, people?

There are certain parts of the Bible I'm just begging to get through. Like, why do I have to read the ancestry of people? And how God continually brought his people out of sin, then they sinned against Him, so He took them out of pain, so they did it again...

I don't like history that much. You know, as a class, at school. It's just boring, to me. Right now we're talking about the French revolution. And justtttt when you think that France is going to be a perfect happy little country, some bully comes and tries to take over the world. And then he's sent to exile, so you thinkkkkk that everything will be okay.

And then he escapes, and tries to rule the world again.

It's kind of like our lives, how there are these constant trials that bring us down, over and over. A faith in Jesus won't stop all of our pain and sorrow. We live lives, just live everyone else, but we don't get any special treatment because we believe. Sometimes we try to resolve problems, then some bully tries to take over the world. (Not literally.)

My point is, that we try and fail EVERYDAY. What's the point in living unless there's a big prize at the end? With faith in Jesus Christ, we have that prize. And life becomes easier if we turn to Him. Not because He takes away our pain, but because He helps us see past it. He is with me wherever I go!

In today's reading, it was the same basic history. God wanted people to stop sinning, so they did, and then He gave them grace, then they screwed up again, and so on and so fourth.

But there was this little God moment I found that stuck out from all the pain, and grace, and rejection:

I will strengthen the house of Judah
and save the house of Joseph.
I will restore them
because I have compassion on them.
They will be as though
I had not rejected them,
for I am the LORD their God
and I will answer them.


Zechariah 10:6

I'm not sure why this stuck out to me. I'm pretty sure it's because this verse isn't just the road of sinning and forgiveness. It's not something that is said that might last a few years, like "The people lived in peace." Because we all know that after a while, that statement is bound to change.

But this statement is true right now, just like it was true thousands of years ago. God is our Lord. He will answer us. It's a fact. It was said a longggg time ago, and is still living today. Unlike all the history and people that come and go, some things stay forever.

Some things, like this verse, will live on forever.

Peace.

Comments

Granny said…
God does not promise us a life here on earth without pain, trials, and tribulations, but He does promise to give us the strength to endure it.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer