Ezekiel 33-35

Read these chapters with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.bible.com/.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

I don't know how many times I've encouraged people to not only HEAR the word of God but actually put it into practice. There's a HUGE difference between going to church and actually listening to the sermon.

You know what I mean?

I know I've said it a gillion times, that we need to practice our faith, and do things because we WANT TO, not because we HAVE TO. So naturally, when I read today's reading, I was super happy that it had a lot to do with what I'm always saying.

In today's reading, God caught on to what was happening in the world. People were coming to see God speak through the prophet Ezekiel, kind of similar to how we go to church. We sometimes treat it as a job instead of a pleasure. People did the same back then. Here's an excerpt of what God was saying to Ezekiel:

My people come to you, as they usually do, and sit before you to listen to your words, but they do not put them into practice. With their mouths they express devotion, but their hearts are greedy for unjust gain. Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice.

Ezekiel 33:31-32


You see? Even GOD has the same belief. It's not as important to say you go to church, or pray, when your heart isn't always full. Sometimes we forget to go to church, or we don't read our Bible... but as long as we have the spirit of God in our hearts, and we show it to other people, it counts in my eyes.

Don't just live life because you have to. Choose Jesus! Change things!

Think on that.

Peace.

Comments

Granny said…
So true Carly Gaile! Amen!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer