John 16-17

Read these lovely chapters now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.biblegateway.com/.

Before I start this mind-bottling devotion, I want to THANK MY FRIEND KEELY for doing my devotional page when I was at a retreat called Bridges. I learned a lot about myself there, and it was a relaxing place that I could meet all sorts of new people.

Thanks to Keely, I didn't have to worry about my devotions, even though Libby, Dana, Mikala and I were reading the chapters before we went to sleep every night :)

Anyway, I'm so thankful to have great friends like Keely. Thanks, girl :)

So. On with my devotion.

A TEAM OF FOUR?



A lot of times, churches talk about the trinity-- which is the binding of THREE people, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They're all connected, and it's like God separated into three people. Like I said, they're the same person, just in different forms. They go together, and make a team.

However in today's reading, I was starting to see that Jesus isn't just limiting the relationship to three people, but to FOUR:

The Father,

The Son,

The Holy Spirit,

and YOU.

That's right, Jesus talks about being connected to His heavenly Father, but also being connected to us. He has a relationship with us as well, and that makes us close to God and the Holy Spirit. I loved this passage:

My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

John 17:20-23

I love when He says "They may be one as we are one." Jesus is talking to God, and is talking about the love that belongs to ALL of us, His father and His followers (that's us!)

So, next time you feel left out, know that you're never alone. You have other followers to lean on, as well as the Father, the Spirit, and the Son. We're all one big team!

So, start playing.

Peace out.

www.clipartof.com/details/clipart/16329.html

Comments

Granny said…
I like the idea of not three as in the Trinity, but four..The Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost, and Us.
Anonymous said…
I thought this post was one of your best:) really did make me think and you are so right, it is a team of four!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer