John 11-12

So today Carly is currently unavailable and she asked me to take care of the blogs for today and tomorrow. I've written for her before once or twice and I feel so honored that she would choose me to help out :) My name is Keely, I haven't done this in a while so please forgive me if this makes no sense.

Don't forget to read todays chapters at the BIBLE READER conveniently located at the right of this post, or at http://www.bible.gateway.com/

Well todays reading has a couple different lessons in it. The first starting off with Lazarus. Lazarus is the brother to Martha and Mary, mary is the girl who poured the perfume on Jesus's feet and dried it with her hair. When Lazarus got sick Mary and Martha sent word to Jesus. Jesus waited two days to travel to Judea. When Jesus and the disciples arrived Lazarus had beed dead for four days. No one understood why Jesus had waited to come and why he hadn't healed Lazarus, and had let him die. Jesus replied

"I'm the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

John 11: 25-26

When Jesus resurrected Lazarus all who saw put their faith in him. This worried Pharisees that everyone would start to believe in Jesus and the Romans would come and take away their place and nation. From that day on they planned Jesus's death.
Even thought Jesus had performed all of these miraculous signs some still didn't believe in him. There were three groups of people-
  • Unbeliever
  • Secret believer
  • Open believer
The secret believer didn't want anyone to know that they believed and had faith, these groups still are here today. We have to open our hearts and care more about what God thinks of us more than what others think, because at the end of the day what God thinks is all that matters. Jesus said to all of the groups,

"When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come to this world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should walk in darkness."

John 12: 44-46

I know I was kind of all over the place today, I promise I'll do better tomorrow, but what I'm trying to say is don't doubt God's plan, even if you think something went wrong, like when Lazarus died, He has a plan for whats next, like resurrecting Lazarus. And to be open with your faith, and care more about what God thinks rather than what others around you think.

Peace be with ya!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer