John 5-6

MOTIVES BEING QUESTIONED.


This blog is a huge deal to me. It gives me a chance to get my thoughts down, and to vent about things that are bothering me, as well as keep track of what's going on in the Bible. It lets me try and apply it to my life, and hopefully have an affect of the people reading.

Even though there are many great aspects of the blog, I'm beginning to see that some people disagree with my motives. Some people accuse me of doing this to try and convert people or something. Like I'm trying to force my faith down others' throats.

I can assure you, I'm not trying to do that at all.

I want people to have a place where they can discuss the Bible, and talk about what it means to them. Is that such a bad thing?

A lot of people have asked my WHY I've continued posting everyday. It is a big task to accomplish, and I was wondering why I keep posting, too. Then I read the scripture. How come I didn't think of that earlier?

Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

John 5:28-30

These are the words of Jesus, explaining to people why He came to earth. Many didn't believe what He said. They claimed Him as selfish and greedy, saying He was the "Son of God."

Jesus had to go through years of torment-- His whole life, actually. And to top it all off, He was brutally murdered on a cross at the end of His life.

And the reality is this: Jesus didn't come to save himself. He didn't come to save believers, but to do the will of God, tho one who sent Him.

That's my purpose, too. I initially started this blog for my own purpose, to write down my thoughts and my beliefs. But I can see that there are so many other things that God wants me to reach out to. There are so many that need to hear His message-- and I'm just the person that was sent to do that.

"I seek not to please myself but Him who sent me."

I hope my motives are a little more clear now.

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
Keep on shining your light!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer