2nd Samuel 5-7 (Read these chapters with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post, or at www.bible.com)



D.O.G.
I know, I know. Yesterday I told everyone they should be independent, and act for themselves, and to follow Jesus no matter what. I'm not taking any of that advice back-- but when I said we need to be independent, I meant of others.

You know, if someone drags you down because you believe in God, or completely ignores what you say about Him, don't be hung up on what they say. Be true to YOUR beliefs. Stay true to YOUR God.

That's what today's devotion is all about. Staying true to someone doesn't mean you think about them every once in a while. It doesn't mean you pray once before you go to bed, asking for forgiveness of all the bad stuff you did that day, then continuing to sin all over again.

To stay true to someone, you have to follow what David did in today's reading! He consulted God with every decision he made, and when people he once had grudges with came up and insulted Him, he brought up his faith in God and was confident in his response. And he showed no compassion for the people who doubted his God, too. He stayed true to God over and over and over, in countless ways.

Then, a magical thing happened! God actually came to this guy named Nathan and told him to tell David that his family and his people would be very blessed and his throne will be established forever. How AWESOME, right??

Today's devotion is relatively short, but that's because the message is so simple. DEPEND ON GOD. In anything you do, in everything you encounter. If you make all your decisions for Him, and consult Him, and praise Him, you will be blessed. There's living proof of that in today's reading.

You can write DOG on your hand or something. Whenever you see a dog, remember to Depend On God throughout everything. I heard that saying (DOG) when I was little at church, but I'm finally starting to get the meaning. I hope you are too.

Peace.

Comments

Granny said…
I will try to remember DOG. That is awesome! You can't go wrong..He doesn't steer you in the wrong direction anytime.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer