Isaiah 35-37

There's a major difference in today's chapters compared to previous ones. These are somewhat happy and have a nice "good conquers evil" feel... so read them now with the BIBLE READER widget to the RIGHT of this post or at http://www.bible.com/.

Alright. I really liked the chapters today, actually. I was a little confused with the story near the end, just because there were so many names and countries I couldn't keep straight (or pronounce, for that matter.)

But like I already said, they had a nice happy ending feeling to them, which I like.

Basically, there was this one land, and this other land. They were fighting. Throughout all that fighting, they were smack talking each other and threatening, and all sorts of stuff you do in a fight.

It was pretty lame, I thought. That they had to keep fighting and threatening. But the world today is STILL fighting, so there must be something about it that has carried throughout the generations. Did I mention I hate fighting?

And wars.

Ughhhh.

But ANYWAY, one land, Jerusalem, was able to stick to God and what He said, and followed His commands throughout the war/battle/thing. And GUESS WHAT?



They ended up having the better result in the end. It's funny how these things work out, right? My point is that no matter what battle you're going through, there's always that little voice inside your head that's screaming for you to do the right thing. It's hard, I know... because I don't always do the right thing.

But if you stay true to what God has told you, and keep Him in your actions, you'll win the battle eventually. Sometimes it may seem as if you've lost, but in time... God will reward you for your deeds :)

Keep that in mind today and... well... forever!

Peace.

Comments

Granny said…
Doing the right thing ALWAYS wins out. It might take a while to see how the outcome wins, but you can't go wrong. The peace you get from doing the right thing can't be compared to anything else.
Carly said…
I never thought about that aspect-- that it's better for everyone else if you do the right thing but it's ALSO better for you and your inner peace. That's good stuff :)

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer