Isaiah 41-46

Read these chapters with the BIBLE READER widget to the right of this post or at http://www.bible.com/.

Alright. So I guess we better cover the big elephant in the room. Maybe to you it's a small, baby elephant, and it's not that important. But to me... ughh. I guess it was pretty important to little old me.

I forgot to blog yesterday.

GRRRRRRR it makes me angry just to type it. I've been working SO hard to try and post a devotion every day, and I failed. *Sigh.* However, I am determined to make this blog the best darn blog I've ever done. Ever.

So, let's get started, shall we? I decided to call this devotion...

YOUR CALLING.

OoOoOoOoOoOhhhhh. Mysterious, right? I think so. I thought that the chapters I read had something to do with everyone and their purpose, and why we're here, and how God is calling us to be disciples... and everything else along those lines.

To start it off, I feel called sometimes to just go out into the world and tell people about God and how AWESOME His love is for us. I know that everyone has that feeling sometimes, right? That what you read in the Bible or what you've heard from a sermon-- heck-- maybe you discovered something for yourself about how GREAT God is, and you just want to spread the word! Maybe not, maybe you're just discovering how great God is, and that's fine. We're all different.

But the main difference is whether you do something or not. And everyone, let me come out and say it:

I feel as if God is calling me to do that.

Some people stick to talking about Jesus with people around them, and spreading the word to their town, or their clients. That is VERY important, right? I just feel like I have so many options, and I just want to go out into the world and share my blessings.

I don't know, maybe it's a little far fetched. Maybe it's a little risky, maybe it's a tad bit insane. But I want to make something of my life. I want to share this love I've come to know with everyone. I know that not everyone feels that way, and that's what makes it so special to me.

The fact that I have the desire to do something... different. To do something that, let's be honest... frightens most people... but excites me like no other. I want to spread the word of God through actions, and I feel like that's my calling.

I know, I know. I'm just a kid. I've got loads of time. But you never know, right? Jesus was doing miracles when HE was a teenager, who says I can't know what I want to do when I'm a teenager?

Anyway, that's what this mega-blog is about. It's about being called to spread God's word, whether you end up being a gardener or a teacher. Or a president, or a astronaut, or a baker, or a garbage collector.

We're all being called to spread the word of God, no matter what we decide to do.

God is SO powerful, you guys. In today's reading, He talks about just HOW awesome He is, and all that He can do. And let's be honest, I believe that if He can separate the oceans and bring the dead to life, I believe He can place a calling inside all of us.

"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.

I, even I, am the LORD,
and apart from me there is no savior.

I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God."

-Isaiah 43:10-12

How AWESOME are those verses, right? How unexplainable and true and strong. I love it. It shows that God IS the only God. He will be the only God, and He was the only God there ever was.

I just feel honored to even have a relationship with God-- to be able to talk to Him and pray to Him and give thanks for what He's let me borrow while I'm here on earth. We need to tell others, before it's too late. We need to spread the word, and let the people who need His love more than anything be able to witness just how great He is.

Isaiah 43:5-9

Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-

everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made."

Lead out those who have eyes but are blind,
who have ears but are deaf.

All the nations gather together
and the peoples assemble.
Which of them foretold this
and proclaimed to us the former things?
Let them bring in their witnesses to prove they were right,
so that others may hear and say, "It is true."


It IS true. And it's happening, right now. God is using me to talk to you, even though it's just typing :)

I want hear what you think. Leave a comment, or email me at carlygaile@yahoo.com, or talk to me in person.

But for now-- PEACE OUT.

Comments

Granny said…
Yep, the great "I Am" is using you. Awewsome.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer