Proverbs 18-20

OPINIONS.

God is crazy. Not like insane crazy, but crazy awesome. It's like every single thing I'm going through, the reading the next day has tons of verses about that exact topic. Coincidence? I think not.

Whether or not we believe it, there is a God who is constantly making things happen for us, and through us. He is working through every one's actions, even the ones we consider "bad" or "sad." Things don't just happen.

Which is why I was surprisingly okay with all the criticism I've been receiving lately. I know God is using people to help me understand His word better. And then, He goes and gives me a reading that has everything to do with opinions and listening to others.

Proverbs 18:2
A fool finds no pleasure in understanding
but delights in airing his own opinions.

Proverbs 18:17-18
The first to present his case seems right,
till another comes forward and questions him.
Casting the lot settles disputes
and keeps strong opponents apart.

So here, we're learning about disputes. Disagreements. Things that people disagree on. Fights. Topics that, no matter how hard you try, will not ever be accepted by everyone.

Then, I read these verses:

Proverbs 19:11
A man's wisdom gives him patience;
it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

Proverbs 19:20
Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.

These aren't my words. They aren't my words of advice, or wisdom, or anything. They belong to God. So take them under consideration... not just you but me as well.

Peace out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Carly I am really glad I started to read your blog,they are awesome!
Carly said…
I love comments like these, thanks so much. I've been getting some not-so-nice comments, but I haven't published them... if someone started to read my blogs then read how horrible someone thought they were... it wouldn't be very comforting, right? I initially started this for my own purpose, so I guess its okay if people disagree. I'm just happy that someone is enjoying them :)
Granny said…
There are no coincidences with God. Things happen when you need them, and you can find answers in scriptures JUST when you need them. We learn from life lessons and from people He allows in our lives at just the right time. We take the good and the bad, and learn from it all.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer