Song of Songs 1-4

BE DIFFERENT.

Okay, so it's no surprise that today's chapters were WEIRD. Like, almost too weird to read without going "ewwww." I felt like I was watching two people give vows or something... except these people were using strange phrases and talking to each other in ways not appropriate for children.

But it's the Bible, and I'm going to finish. I felt like if we had to take anything from these chapters, it was to "be different." Or, according to the Bible verse... be like a lily among thorns.

Song of Songs 2:2
Like a lily among thorns
is my darling among the maidens.


So, for all of you who are wondering just HOW to get noticed among a world of happy couples, maybe you should just BE YOURSELF. Be different. Be who you are, because everyone else is taken.

If we try and be cool, or try to be like everyone else... how are we supposed to stand out? Be yourself!

I know, it's not exactly Biblical or having anything to do with Christianity... but neither does today's chapters, really. They might have some profound meaning I'm not quite catching onto, though.

My Bible has this comparison: the love expressed in these chapters could symbolize the love God has for us.

Any comments? Comment below!

That's about it. Peace out!!

Comments

Granny said…
Your guess is as good as mine!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer