Isaiah 57-59

Read these now with the BIBLE READER to the right of this post or at http://www.bible.com/.

It's hard for me to imagine my life any other way. I guess I'm just used to my family, my house, having food on my table everyday, having good friends... all of these things I take for granted, these things that a God-given. God can take away things like THAT. And all of the sudden, your life changes.

I'm very blessed to have the things I have, and I believe I am the way I am because of Jesus and His love for my family. And I know there are tons of people who are just as fortunate as me, sometimes even MORE fortunate-- but they don't have Jesus in their life.

It just makes me think-- how fortunate ARE we if we don't have a forgiving God? Just how much do you really have if you lack the most important thing, a God that loves you more than anything else He created?

I guess you can go through in life without a God and THINK you're happy. But once you learn the joy that comes from God, everything else seems pointless. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for everything God has given me, but it makes me wonder-- just HOW important is it? I have a God who will always love me, no matter what. And all this STUFF we hold to us, (Facbeook, my phone, video-games, movies,) isn't that important anymore.

Without a God, my life wouldn't be the same. I would have to carry around this constant fear and guilt with me-- and I can't imagine my life any other way.

So justice is far from us,
and righteousness does not reach us.
We look for light, but all is darkness;
for brightness, but we walk in deep shadows.

Like the blind we grope along the wall,
feeling our way like men without eyes.
At midday we stumble as if it were twilight;
among the strong, we are like the dead.

We all growl like bears;
we moan mournfully like doves.
We look for justice, but find none;
for deliverance, but it is far away.

Isaiah 59:9-11

These verses just furthers the belief that without God, life would be much different. And although I take a lot of things for granted, I have to promise myself never to take my God for granted.

The freedom of religion is NOT everywhere, and it makes me upset that people are living with a lack of freedom I've had my whole life. I want to do something to change it.

I think that's it for now-- just don't forget how fortunate you are. No matter what you have or don't have, be thankful that you'll ALWAYS have the love of Jesus Christ.

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
You are right Carly. It is not "things" that matter. We hold on to them, and think they are important in our lives, but we we lose someone, or do not feel the love of God, we see what truly IS important.
erin said…
hey carly its erin and i really love your devotions. i read devotions every day and now i think i'll be reading 2 everyday. i love how you make them so easy to understand and i can totally relate to them. you will hear more from me as i continue reading.
Carly said…
I'm so glad both of you guys are reading and experiencing the Bible with me. Erin-- WELCOME! Thanks for your comment. I'll post another tomorrow :)
Anonymous said…
hey carly its abby carter, i love this!! its so nice to know there is someone that is your age and understands what your going through but with christian eyes:)
Carly said…
Thanks for your comment, Abby! It makes me happy to know a few of my thoughts are shared between friends :) I'm glad you like my devotions, you're right when it comes to seeing the world from different eyes. It's good to see things from a Christian perspective, even when it's tough. I hope you'll keep reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer