Isaiah 20-24





SAY WHAT?

Read these now with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post or at http://www.bible.com/!



Alrighty folks. I strongly recommend you read the first few chapters of today's reading, or else you won't believe me. In today's reading, God asked Isaiah to take off his clothes.



I was a liiiitttttle confused, needless to say.



I guess I could give a thousand excuses as to why this happened, like "it was a long time ago, things were different!" or "Isaiah did whatever God asked, no matter what" or even "people drank a lot back then! Maybe Isaiah was drunk!"



But... I will not focus on why I think it happened, because if you read today's chapters, you'd see that God was using Isaiah as an example to the people. No, God wasn't trying to tell the people that "naked is good," He was using Isaiah to teach the people of the world that you have to strip down of all the evil and idols they'd been doing, and focus on what's really important.



I know it sounds a little far fetched, but it's the Bible... not a storybook. It happened, and we should try and follow what it's trying to say!


Stop holding onto what you think is important. Stop "worshipping" a movie star, or an athlete, or a person. Stop using up your time with things that don't matter in the end!



I know it's WAY easier said then done. I could preach to you about how important it is foreverrrrrrrrrrr and still not get it through your head... through my own head. So all I'm asking is that YOU make an effort to strip yourself of what ISN'T important.

In the end of the daily chapters, God explained the end of the earth, and how it's all going to go down. We have to be ready!


Just try, and I will too.



I think that's about it! Leave a comment or email me at carlygaile@yahoo.com!



Thanks, and PEACE.

Comments

Granny said…
I'll try too! Love you Carly Gaile.
Carly said…
Love you too, Granny.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer