Proverbs 30-31

We finish the book of Proverbs today! Be sure to read these short 2 chapters with the BIBLE READER widget to the left of this post or at http://www.bible.com/.

SAY WHAT?!?

If you've been reading my past posts, you'll know that I have EVERYTHING perfectly understood, and I'm able to talk about the Bible in ways that are 100% accurate and totally life-changing. You can call my posts "perfect" and "wonderful" and "not confusing at all" if you want.

Forgive me Lord, for I just lied.

The Bible is CONFUSING. Like, majorly baffling and hard to understand. There are parts in it that I absolutely disagree with all my being, and some parts that seem to speak to me perfectly.

So, in case you thought I knew everything, I assure you. I do not.

I know, shocking, right? You're probably sitting there, stunned, in complete and utter dismay. But take a deep breath, and repeat this phrase aloud:

"Carly doesn't know everything. I was wrong."

Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, let's talk about today's reading. I was really confused, (as I've already pointed out,) but I think that being confused is a big part of learning. Because one day, once you figure it all out, you understand it AND REMEMBER IT forever.

These verses were a bit confusing to me:

Proverbs 30:5-6
Every word of God proves true;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Do not add to his words,
or else he will rebuke you, and you will be found a liar.


Does that mean everything I've been blogging about is a lie? I sure hope not. And you know what?

I may not figure out the answer to that question until I meet faces with the Almighty One Himself.

So there you go, America (and other countries, if you're reading this:)

I don't have all the answers. One thing I DO know is how awesome this verse makes me feel:

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.


I love it. Got any questions? Comments? Answers? Comment below.

Peace out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer