Isaiah 32-34

Read these now with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post or at www.bible.com.

First off, I'm typing today's blog on my uncle's awesome computer. It really has nothing to do with the devotion today, but I just wanted to vent about my inner nerdness and tell everyone how awesome this Mac computer is.

Okay, I'm done.

PROCLAIM THE NAME.

Today's title is a great rhyme I just came up with that is my new slogan. In case you didn't get it, the name we'll focus on proclaiming is the Name of Jesus, and all He has done for us. I think a lot of times, we say "in Jesus' name, Amen" too fast. We just spin through that phrase at the end of a prayer so we can hurry and eat dinner already, right?

To me, I believe that when you're saying that, you need to focus on what it really means. In the moment you say "in Jesus' name," you proclaiming that your prayers are meant for Jesus, and are put there for His ears.

You're saying that you trust in Him, and you believe that He can take care of all you need.

Didn't think you were saying all of that, did you?

Anyway, in today's reading, there's a lot of turmoil and world ending. That happens a lot in the past week or so when we're reading Isaiah, for reasons I don't know how to explain. I think God is warning people that you need to have your faith in Jesus or else when turmoil strikes, you won't be covered.

Anyway... there was a little glimpse of non-turmoil in today's reading. This verse really caught my attention... like I was reading about death, and more death, destruction, more destruction, blah... blah... blah...

HEY!

A glimpse of happiness! Here's what I found.

Isaiah 33:22
For the LORD is our judge,
the LORD is our lawgiver,
the LORD is our king;
it is he who will save us.

Did you all hear that?? There's still a lot more despair in the book of Isaiah, so take this verse and hold into it tightly. Remember it when things get depressing in the rest of the book, or when things get tough in your life.

Proclaim the name of God! Don't forget all He's done for you, and all He is. Remember this verse.

It's a great verse to remind you that God does care about you, and He's the "I am," meaning He is everything. He is all we need.

Think on that for a while.

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
Yeah! I can comment again. You are a genius Carly Gaile! God is the judge and He lays down the laws. It is simple...try to obey, ask for forgiveness when you struggle to keep the law. I am glad that HE is in control and not me.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer