Psalms 22-27

Read these short Psalms at http://www.bible.com/ or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post.

TEACHER.

I know, I know, school's probably out for most of you, so I won't talk about the boring teachers, the mean teachers, or the creepy ones who wink at you during class. I'm here to talk about the ULTIMATE TEACHER, and since we've already talked about ultimate things, I'm assuming you know who the ULTIMATE TEACHER is. Heck, He's the ULTIMATE anything!

I say ULTIMATE in all capital letters because it looks cool. Like the ULTIMATE CUPCAKE sounds cooler than ultimate cupcake. (It looks silly this way!)

There was a familiar Psalm you probably have heard of in today's chapters, Psalm 23. To me, it was about being s follower of God, and what that can do for you. "The LORD is my shepherd," it says. It says God leads people, just like a teacher.

It could be over a small period of time, like following God into a pasture or beside quiet waters. But I seem to think of it as God leading us through life. If we follow his rod and staff, then we will dwell in the house of the Lord (heaven) forever.


Psalm 25:8-9

God and upright is the Lord;
therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
He leads the humble in what is right,
and teaches the humble his way.


This is another verse in today's reading that struck out to me as being God leading us. He can show us the way, if we keep the idea of WHAT WOULD JESUS DO? in our minds. Say a prayer that asks God to lead you. Ask for HIS help, and things will soon change.

Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
The 23rd Psalm is one of my very favorites!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer