Psalms 50-55

Read these chapters now, or else you might be a little confused! You can read these with a real Bible, or online at http://www.bible.com/ or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post.

SACRIFICE.

Back then, as you've hopefully read in today's chapters, people sacrificed animals and things to God. Sometimes it was for giving thanks, or asking for things. No matter what, though, people back then had to do these different rituals in order to "impress" God.

I think that's silly.

I don't want to offend anyone, because the Jewish faith still do similar practices today. But... as for Christianity... no burnt cows are needed to get into heaven.

I guess today's devotion isn't really a devotion, it's more of a "Carly rants about random things in the Bible" but I hope you'll bear through it with me.

Many many many years after today's chapters, Jesus was brought into the world. God knew from the moment He decided to send Jesus that Jesus would be crucified when he was around thirty years old. But knowing that Jesus would cover all of the world's sin, God made Jesus OUR sacrifice, and BAM. Christianity. We no longer had to sacrifice animals for our sins. We didn't have to wear anything special to be pure.

We just had to have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and all our sins were washed away.

This is amazing, to me. How someone can go through life, willingly dying on a cross for people He hasn't even met yet! But Jesus DID the unthinkable, and rose from the dead, to show everyone He is the SON OF GOD.

Awesome.

Here's another thing I thought was awesome:


Psalm 50:7-10

‘Hear, O my people, and I will speak,
O Israel, I will testify against you.
I am God, your God.
Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you;
your burnt-offerings are continually before me.
I will not accept a bull from your house,
or goats from your folds.
For every wild animal of the forest is mine,
the cattle on a thousand hills.'


Have a LOVELY day, and know no matter what that God's word is true and He cares for you. So much so, that He gave His one and only son to die for YOU and ME and EVERYONE.

Peace and love,

Carly

Comments

Granny said…
It is so awesome! To think that God loved us so much, to give His son for us, so that we could have life everlasting. All we have to do is BELIVE.
Carly said…
True that. Sometimes it's hard to be a believer, but the ending result outweighs it every time!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer