Psalms 69-72


Read these now at http://www.bible.com/ or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post.


So, I'm not going to lie and tell you today's reading was all that interesting. The first time I heard "God is my Rock" I was blown away, right? Whoah! God IS similar to something big and strong that can we can hold onto! What a great metaphor!

But that was like in Psalms chapter 1. Now, I can't help but skim over every time it compares God to a rock. Because they've mentioned it SO many times, and it's seen SO many places, why even read it again, right?


That's where we're wrong.


Call me stupid, (I ammmm a blonde,) but maybe the fact that it's been mentioned so many times is because it's important! Maybe, just maybe, whoever put together the Bible was thinking in the back of their mind "'God is my rock' is a really important thing to learn. I'm going to list it in the book of Psalms about 100 times, and maybe that will get my point across."


So, here you go, person who said that. I will officially acknowledge and talk about the fact that GOD IS MY ROCK.


All kidding aside, it is something pretty important to learn. I'm not saying one verse is better than the other, but when you're held at gunpoint or hanging off the edge of a cliff, the verse "The Lord is my Shepherd" won't really cut it.


This saying, that God is our rock, is very useful in many situations. Because even if you're extremely happy or extremely depressed, you can ALWAYS have something to lean on. You can always be still and know that God will be that extra comfort you need, anywhere, at anytime.


I hope you get that today, and never forget it.


Peace out.

Comments

Granny said…
It is great to know that we have something strong and solid as a rock to depend on in our lives. Maybe there is a point to repeating that over and over?
Anonymous said…
God is my wood. I burn him.

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer