Psalms 9-17

Read these amazing chapters at http://www.bible.com/ or with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post... or with your own Bible, if you wanna!

GOD IS KING.

So, I thought today's chapters had a lot to do with God, (duh,) and His rule over the earth. I disagree with a few verses in today's reading, about the writer being completely pure and blameless. I just thought whoever wrote a couple of Psalms was all "I'm soooooo perfect, God! Make sure You keep blessing me, and putting others down in the pits of despair!"

I don't know, maybe the writer was pretty close to perfect. But as the title of today's devotion is about God having the ultimate power, we have to realize that God has a plan, and sometimes we mess up and sin so we can learn from it later.

In the end of everything, God is King. He can decide what's best for us sometimes, even when we think the exact opposite is the "better" choice. God is the judge, and HE decides who is the one who needs His grace and forgiveness.

I guess we ALL need His forgiveness, so that's why I disagree with a few verses today. The writers didn't really understand that we ALL mess up, and people are led to make decisions we might not be okay with. But it doesn't matter what we think of others and their choices, because God is the only one who gets to judge. He's the TOP RULER.

Psalms 10:16-18

The Lord is king for ever and ever;
the nations shall perish from his land.
O Lord, you will hear the desire of the meek;
you will strengthen their heart, you will incline your ear
to do justice for the orphan and the oppressed,
so that those from earth may strike terror no more.


Psalms 11:4
The Lord is in his holy temple;
the Lord’s throne is in heaven.
His eyes behold, his gaze examines humankind.

Psalms 13:5-6
But I trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.


Read over these if you're having trouble understanding choices sometimes. just know that WE can't judge others, and God will protect us as King if we follow his commands.

Peace out!

Comments

Granny said…
I have to keep reminding myself that I am not to judge....let that job be God's as the ultimate judge. We mess up, we don't know the plan, but are like little ants scurrying around planning and thinking we are in control...not so....God is in control.
Carly said…
No one is in control but God!

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer