SUPPOSED TO BE MONDAY, MAY 31ST:

Job 18-20

Three easy chapters today, folks. Read them now with the BIBLE READER to the left of this post, or at www. Bible.com.

So, I’ll admit, I was being a bit harsh on Job yesterday. I was all “he needs to listen more!” and “his friends are just trying to help!” But if I were in his position, I probably wouldn’t want people talking in my ear about how badly it’s going to turn out, and how much of the tragedy is my fault.

First off, all this pain and suffering wasn’t even Job’s fault! He was being so dedicated to God that Satan got kinda jealous and decided he was going to try and make Job curse God. But Job obviously wasn’t aware of this little scheme, and blamed himself for everything. The fact that his friends came and told him even MORE depressing truths probably didn’t help at all.

That’s why, even though Job can be negative and cranky, today I am officially giving Job a break. He has been through a lot, and it’s wrong of his friends to persecute them like they are. We know they were trying to help, but because Job was still depressed, he never acknowledged them, which made his friends fight even harder.

Has this ever happened to you? You try to tell someone something, and they don’t listen? I blogged about that yesterday. But we never really thought about why they don’t listen. I just assumed they were going through a lot and didn’t want to talk about it. Instead of doing what Job’s friends were doing and continuing to persecute him… we should give them a break. Give Job a break.

I feel like Job, sometimes. People don’t take me seriously when I don’t agree to what they’re saying. I guess that’s okay, but don’t you think their point would have been made more if they’d stop making Job mad and just listen?

It’s like a huge cycle. If you don’t listen to the person you’re trying to help out, they will get angry and not listen to you. Then you will get angry and not want to cooperate with them… and so on and so forth.

We humans have this incredible sense of pride. We need to be right! For what, though? After a few minutes, it doesn’t matter anymore.

Today, just give people a break. Don’t get all offensive. Give them respect, and maybe you’ll get some in return.

Peace out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World that We Live In- A Prayer